IAPR International Conference on Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology (DGMM), May 24-27, 2021
The IAPR International Conference on Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology (DGMM) will be held on May 24 –27, 2021. This is the first joint event between the two main conference series of IAPR TC18, the International Conference on Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI), with 21 successful previous editions, and the International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM), with 14 successful previous editions. DGMM offers the opportunity to share high quality research results within the fields of discrete geometry and mathematical morphology. We are delighted to host DGMM 2020 at the Centre for Image Analysis, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden.
The main topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Discrete Geometry and Combinatorial Topology: grids, discrete objects, discrete model properties, digitization schemes, geometric transforms, metrics and distance transformation, skeletons, discrete tomography, etc.
- Image Segmentation and Discrete Shape Analysis: watershed segmentation, hierarchical segmentation, color and multi-channel image segmentation, texture segmentation, discrete and combinatorial tools for segmentation and analysis, discrete shape representation, recognition and analysis, clustering of spatial data.
- Algebraic Theory: morphology on complete lattices and semilattices, representation of morphological operators, fuzzy morphology, connected operators, morphology on graphs, morphology on surface meshes and Riemannian manifolds.
- Nonlinear Scale Space Theory: morphological decompositions, morphological PDEs, level set methods, morphological wavelets, morphological regularization.
- Random sets Theory and Geometrical Probability: Boolean model for sets and functions, stochastic simulation of random media, etc.
- (max,+)-Mathematics and Idempotent Analysis for Image and Signal Processing.
- Image Filtering: color and multi-channel morphology, morphology on tensor fields, geodesic transformations, adaptive morphology, attribute filtering.
- Computational Mathematical Morphology and Discrete Geometry: algorithms, architectures, data structures and programming paradigms for efficient implementation of morphological and discrete geometric operators and tools.
- Applications: astronomy, geosciences and remote sensing, (bio)medical imaging, material science, data analysis, document processing, content-based information retrieval, video surveillance, industrial control, visualization.
Both theoretical and application-focused contributions related to these topics are welcome.
All submitted papers will be subject to a full peer-review. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series by Springer.
The deadline for submission of full papers is extended to November 27.
Statement regarding COVID-19:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a lot of uncertainty on when it will again be possible to travel and gather in conference meetings. Our hope from the organizing committee is that by May 2021 it will be possible to hold the DGMM conference as a physical event, and this is what we will plan for. At the same time we realize that, depending on how the situation evolves, some conference participants will not be able to travel to the conference in person or feel comfortable doing so. We will therefore also plan for options to participate in the conference remotely. Specifically, this means that authors of submitted papers will still be given options to present their work and have it published in the conference proceedings, even if they are unable to travel to the conference due to COVID-19.
Filip Malmberg, General Chair
Nataša Sladoje, Program Chair
Joakim Lindblad, Program Chair
Academic Conferences - the conference administration secretariat
Tel: +46 18 67 15 33 or +46 18 67 10 03
Full paper submission deadline:
Nov 16 Nov 27
Preliminary author notification: Jan 15
Rebuttal deadline: Jan 25
Camera ready deadline: Feb 26
Early bird registration deadline: March 22
Registration deadline: May 10
Conference dates: May 24-27
Centre for Image Analysis