IAPR International Conference on Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology (DGMM), May 24-27, 2021
The IAPR International Conference on Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology (DGMM) will be held on May 24 –27, 2021. This is the first joint event between the two main conference series of IAPR TC18, the International Conference on Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI), with 21 successful previous editions, and the International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM), with 14 successful previous editions. DGMM offers the opportunity to share high quality research results within the fields of discrete geometry and mathematical morphology. We are delighted to host DGMM 2021 at the Centre for Image Analysis, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DGMM 2021 will be a fully digital remote event.
The main topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Discrete Geometry and Combinatorial Topology: grids, discrete objects, discrete model properties, digitization schemes, geometric transforms, metrics and distance transformation, skeletons, discrete tomography, etc.
- Image Segmentation and Discrete Shape Analysis: watershed segmentation, hierarchical segmentation, color and multi-channel image segmentation, texture segmentation, discrete and combinatorial tools for segmentation and analysis, discrete shape representation, recognition and analysis, clustering of spatial data.
- Algebraic Theory: morphology on complete lattices and semilattices, representation of morphological operators, fuzzy morphology, connected operators, morphology on graphs, morphology on surface meshes and Riemannian manifolds.
- Nonlinear Scale Space Theory: morphological decompositions, morphological PDEs, level set methods, morphological wavelets, morphological regularization.
- Random sets Theory and Geometrical Probability: Boolean model for sets and functions, stochastic simulation of random media, etc.
- (max,+)-Mathematics and Idempotent Analysis for Image and Signal Processing.
- Image Filtering: color and multi-channel morphology, morphology on tensor fields, geodesic transformations, adaptive morphology, attribute filtering.
- Computational Mathematical Morphology and Discrete Geometry: algorithms, architectures, data structures and programming paradigms for efficient implementation of morphological and discrete geometric operators and tools.
- Applications: astronomy, geosciences and remote sensing, (bio)medical imaging, material science, data analysis, document processing, content-based information retrieval, video surveillance, industrial control, visualization.
Both theoretical and application-focused contributions related to these topics are welcome.
All submitted papers will be subject to a full peer-review. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series by Springer.
The recipient of the IAPR best student paper award is Rémi Decelle, for the paper entitled “Digital Straight Segment Filter for Geometric Description” with the co-authors Phuc Ngo, Isabelle Debled-Rennesson, Fleur Longueutaud and Frédéric Mothe.”
Practical information and Zoom link has been sent out to all registered participants. If you did not receive the e-mail, check your spam for e-mails from DGMM 2021, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact the secretariat at email@example.com.
Thanks to IAPR, financial support to cover registration fees is available for student participants. Apply by May 19!
In addition, IAPR best student paper award will be given to the best student paper!
After a budget revision, we are happy to announce that we have been able to lower the registration fees for the conference. The new fees are available on the registration page. The fee reduction will also be applied retroactively for participants who have already registered.
DGMM 2021 will be a fully digital remote event, due to the ongoing pandemic.
The deadline for submission of full papers is extended to November 27.
Filip Malmberg, General Chair
Nataša Sladoje, Program Chair
Joakim Lindblad, Program Chair
Academic Conferences - the conference administration secretariat
Tel: +46 18 67 15 33 or +46 18 67 10 03
Full paper submission deadline:
Nov 16 Nov 27
Preliminary author notification:
Jan 15 Jan 20
Jan 25 Feb 1
Author notification: Feb 15
Camera ready deadline:
Feb 26 March 8
Early bird registration deadline: April 27
Conference dates: May 24-27
Centre for Image Analysis